Friday, January 3, 2014

New Year New You! My favorite smoothie recipe!

With the start of the New Year I thought I would share my favorite ways to stay healthy all year round. I am a smoothie junkie and usually try to have one a day for most days of the week.  Since that makes for a lot of smoothies I like to switch it up and I currently have a few favorites in my rotation!  Today I will share one and I will share a few more over the coming weeks!

Green smoothies are my number one way for getting a lot of nutrients into one meal and fast - they are great as a meal replacement any time of day - breakfast, lunch or dinner.

The Breville Hemisphere blender is the bomb blender. I know it's not the Vitamix, but it blends just as well for a fraction of the price.  It's still not cheap, but I have burnt out so many motors on blenders that I know not to go cheap with a blender anymore.  Plus the blender jug is plastic, dishwasher safe and super light weight (unlike my previous glass one, which looks nice but was hard to maneuver).

The Chocolate Nut Smoothie:
1 Banana
1 Tablespoon of Almond Butter
1 Cup (or handful) of Spinach
1 Tablespoon of Cocoa Powder
4 Ice Cubes (or a "few")
1 Cup of Almond Milk

Blend and enjoy!  The cocoa powder adds a great chocolatey flavor for little to no calories (1 tablespoon only has 10 calories!) and the banana and almond milk give it a delicious creamy texture.  One serving of this smoothie is only 255 calories!


 

site design by kiki co.