Thursday, April 17, 2014

my everyday style: jacket season!

Some time vortex just occurred and it's Easter this weekend.  And Easter is even late this year.  Am I the only one who this snuck up on? I think not actually because as I was doing a fast grab for Easter basket goodies at Target yesterday I was not alone.  No my friend, there were plenty of other moms doing the same thing!

While I have been waiting ever so patiently for spring to arrive (or not patiently at all) it's still hard to believe that it is kite season already.  Fess up, who else got a kite in their Easter basket every year as kids? I can't be the only one who broke a kite on Easter every year as a kid (so depressing).  My kids will know this season as sidewalk chalk season… that's what they get in their baskets every year. Parents are quirky like that.

Are your Easter baskets packed? Or did you eat all the candy already (If you did, I will confess I did too.  If not, then well what candy?)?  I hope you are enjoying spring in your neck of the woods.






Details:
Jacket, Zara - old (similar or similar)
T-shirt, J.Crew
Necklace, Baublebar*
Jeans, Old Navy - ℅ last year
Shoes, Kate Spade (similar or similar less expensive)
Bag, J.Crew (similar - cute and under $100!)
Sunglasses, Ray Ban

*if you are keeping track at home of my clothing budget/allowance (see posts here) accessories like this necklace don't count for my "5 pieces".  I recently did do a little "stock up" at Baublebar for spring and you will see those pieces here on the blog or on my instagram!

 

site design by kiki co.