Tuesday, April 15, 2014

my everyday style: vacation looks!

After spending a week in California I'm super blissed out this week.  We had a really long travel day on Sunday (a red eye then a five hour layover - seriously, I don't recommend that!) and I was dreading what this week would be. But now that I am back in the swing of things I realized how much I really needed a break - from life and from the blog. I seriously can't thank you readers enough for giving me the break and coming back this week again!  I feel on top of the world right now… and that is definitely a 180 after this rough, rough winter.

I posted just a few outfit looks while on vacation last week to Instagram… I wish I would have posted more because I just love laid back vacation outfits. But the truth was I was SO laid back (read: lazy!) that I just didn't.  California treated us so so well. This vacation will seriously go down as one of the best ever in our families history I am sure.  We absolutely fell in love with California.  The mornings and evenings are cool (perfect for sporting a pair of jeans and light sweater) and the afternoons are deliciously warm and sunny (think: shorts, tees, bathing suits, flip flops on repeat).  Layers were key for the whole trip… we usually spent the mornings and sunsets at the beach and the late mornings and afternoons at the pools (rough, huh?).  Even though the evenings were a touch cool sometimes we vowed to eat every dinner outside.  And we did!  We were pleasantly surprised that most patios at the restaurants were heated (my dream come true!).

Here are a few of my vacation looks…

(above: J.Crew sweater - on sale!, Ray Ban sunglasses, H&M scarf  - similar, AG Jeans, Sole Society wedges - similar or similar)

(above: J.Crew striped top - similar, Dear Pru necklace - similar, Old Navy skirt - obsessed with this skirt!, Gap sandals, American Eagle denim jacket ℅ - similar, J.Crew bag - similar)

(above: J.Crew sweater on my shoulders - similar, J.Crew "merci" tee - similar, Gap white jeans, Kate Spade sunglasses)

Check out more vacation pics and randomness on Instagram!


 

site design by kiki co.