Tuesday, August 19, 2014

my everyday style: scalloped shorts three ways!

These scalloped shorts were love at first sight and love at first wear.  The sweet little scallop at the bottom hem makes for a fun addition to any outfit.   I know that this time of year the blog is a little schizophrenic… one day I'm talking about fall sweaters and the next I am wearing shorts.  So bear with me here, because while I am shopping for fall now (my absolute favorite!) there is still plenty of time to don our favorite summer pieces.  The warm weather even in Michigan is sticking around for a while.

Here I styled these shorts into three fun looks… one a little more dressed up and perfect for a date night, one a perfect weekend layered look and one a perfect everyday look with a chambray top.








(photos by Jennifer Ketchum)

top look:
Peplum Top, J.Crew Factory (similar or similar)
Necklace, J.Crew (similar or similar)
Sandals, J.Crew (similar or similar less expensive)

middle look:
Denim Jacket, American Eagle - ℅ (old, but similar)
"hello" tee, J.Crew (similar, similar or similar SUPER cute)
Sneakers, Superga

bottom look:
Chambray Top, J.Crew
Sandals, Loeffler Randal via Zappos.com - ℅

Scalloped Shorts, Gap (similar or similar)

 

site design by kiki co.