Thursday, January 15, 2015

my everyday style: the leather jacket!

Patience pays off in style… this leather jacket is living proof!  This is the jacket I bought back in September but then had to return because it didn't fit… sad face. Enter the after-Christmas sales and I snagged this baby for half off! In the right size! And it fits perfect!

Last fall I really started craving a black leather jacket - I've never owned one before - and I fell in love with this simple and classic silhouette.  While it would have been nice to have in my closet all fall… I'm happy it's in my closet now.  I plan on getting tons of wear out of this baby.  It's perfect to layer with a lightweight sweater and a chunky scarf, like I did here. But I can also envision pairing it with an oxford for a casual but refined look, graphic tees for the weekend or dressy tanks and jeans for a night out with friends or my husband.

I really hope to make 2015 the year of classic investments and with this jacket I am off to a good start!





(photos by Tracy Carmondy)

Details:
Scarf, Banana Republic - on sale! (less expensive option)
Jacket, Zara (sold out online but similar or similar)
Sweater, LOFT (similar or similar)
Jeans, Banana Republic - my new favorite jeans!
Boots, Coach (similar on sale or similar also on sale)
Earrings, Kendra Scott


 

site design by kiki co.