Thursday, March 26, 2015

my everyday style: in the navy!

Oh spring, where art though?

Patience is a virtue, especially this time of year.  Shopping is a virtue too… especially if you do it right. I recently found this navy peacoat on the super-duper-sale rack at Gap and usually I pass that rack by, but I couldn't believe the price on it (shop a few sizes remaining here - or check your local store, mine was priced lower than this in store)!   While it's 'technically' a winter coat, it's not super warm or long so it's actually makes for the perfect end-of-winter coat.  It's lighter than my usual winter coats but the navy makes it season-less.

Navy is the perfect winter to spring color. I feel like we have talked about this on the blog before… but it's a dark enough color to not be too obscenely bright in March/April and is still completely spring/summer appropriate color wise. In that vein, I've been wearing a lot of navy lately!  Not surprising.

I've been raving about these "girlfriend" jeans on Facebook and Instagram. A lot of you asked how they are different from the "boyfriend" jeans that I used to wear a lot. In my opinion they are a little curvier. The boyfriend jeans don't really fit me any more, 4 to 5 days a week with Pure Barre and I've got a little booty (in the best way possible! Thank you PB!!).  These jeans are still very relaxed in the hip and bottom but with a little more curve for gals.

AND, I got my hair chopped! 6 inches in fact - yikes! Today it's finally making it's debut here on the blog… I'm still getting used it being shorter and of course, already planning on growing it out again. ;)





(photos by Tracy Carmody)

Details:
Coat, Gap (similar or similar)
Jeans, Gap
Sneakers, J.Crew (similar or similar)
Sunglasses, Warby Parker


 

site design by kiki co.